Benefits of Region Leipzig
Porsche and BMW have set up cutting-edge plants in the area, providing unique opportunities in the Leipzig region. But innovative medium-sized companies from the fields of IT, biotechnology and energy are also playing their part in making the location unique and giving investment plans the best possible chance of success.
The region never sleeps. Region Leipzig's ultramodern trimodal transport hub guarantees stability. Several thousand tonnes of freight are handled every day at Leipzig Airport. This capacity, the large-scale City Tunnel transport project and connections to motorways 9, 14, 38 and 72 provide the best possible conditions for companies looking to locate here.
High level of productivity: Invest Region Leipzig is synonymous with quality. Renowned companies provide outstanding working conditions for skilled workers, which makes the region's labour costs attractive and competitive.
Ten benefits of the location at a glance:
1. A top logistics centre with cargo flights 24 hours a day
2. An extensive transport and telecommunications infrastructure
3. Skilled workers with outstanding potential
4. Attractive industrial and commercial real estate
5. Excellent research and education centre
6. Investment grants of up to 30 per cent
7. Competitive labour costs and above average hourly productivity
8. Excellent networking that provides uncomplicated and quick response to investor enquiries
9. Outstanding quality of life
10. Top ten position in the fDi Financial Times ranking