Sven Noack | Manager, Relocation & Business Development
Perdata, a renowned IT brand, is now part of the Bertelsmann Group. Leipzig is the competence centre for the energy industry.
Trade has made Leipzig famous and bestowed wealth on the city in the past. Trade is synonymous with change and over the past few years numerous e-commerce companies have settled in Leipzig, creating a number of "new" jobs. Amazon established its second-largest German centre here in 2005, and the Berlin-based second-hand dealer Momox has also taken over around 80,000 m² of the former Quelle-Zentrum, which has now been largely assigned to new use. Leipzig is also the home of a range of specialist mail-order companies, such as Taschenkaufhaus or Spreadshirt.
Sector focal points
- Commercial centre of national importance with extensive contacts to creative industries and the congress sector
- Wholesale trade across the entire range of industrial upstream products to production equipment, consumer goods and consumables
- E-commerce with all the components of the online retail value chain, from the establishment of an online shop through to IT security, software applications, online marketing and legal aspects
- Networking with numerous retailers and service providers in the region
- Close links with the logistics industry surrounding the Leipzig Halle hub